Get Help

Producer Studio - Constant DIsconnects

Talk about anything on your mind.

Producer Studio - Constant DIsconnects

Postby stringrazor » Fri May 02, 2014 12:36 pm

I tried streaming a gig last night with Producer Studio under Win7 X64. It would only stream for a minute or so then disconnect with a message that the wifi signal was probably weak (it wasn't). I brought the video output down to the lowest res possible but it still wouldn't stay connected. Towards the end of the night I tried streaming from the web app and it worked fine, so it wasn't the connection. Is Producer just not ready for use yet or did I miss something? Very frustrating and I certainly wouldn't consider buying the Pro version.
stringrazor

Sponsored Links

Postby Sponsored Links » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:01 am

Sponsored Links
VP of Marketing

Re: Producer Studio - Constant DIsconnects

Postby usrbingeek » Sun May 04, 2014 11:54 am

Typically Producer does not have any trouble maintaining a connection and thousands of broadcasters use it without issue everyday.

Unfortunately, WiFi connections are often not stable enough for video broadcasting. They are frequently affected by brief interference, have more lag, or drop outs that you wouldn't notice when just web browsing or even viewing videos but these issues can greatly affect your ability to stream video out. The web broadcaster does use a much lower bitrate and FPS so it'd be less susceptible to these issues and is more stable over WiFi because of it.

We always recommend using a wired connection, if possible. If you're limited to WiFi try relocating the computer or router so other electronic devices are not in between. (Cordless phones, microwaves, cell phones, and other wireless devices are the most likely cause of interference.) You could also try changing the channel your router is using.
All my best,
Steve / usrbingeek
Admin

Follow me on twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

Opinions expressed are my own.

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board in place of a PM.
usrbingeek
Admin
Admin

Return to General Discussion