Get Help

Sony Action Cam (HDR-AS10) Ustream compatibility

Have a question about Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com? Unsure how to do something? Need instructions or support? Other community members and official helpers are ready to help!
Forum rules
Have a question about Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com? Unsure how to do something? Need instructions or support? Other community members and official helpers are ready to help!

In order to provide faster response, please give us as much detailed information about your issue, your operating system and version, Flash Player version, etc. Please include your Ustream username and a link to your broadcast. Please explain the problem in detail and the steps it takes to reproduce, and any other information that could help us resolve your issue.

Sony Action Cam (HDR-AS10) Ustream compatibility

Postby standrewslive » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:06 pm

Does anyone know if the Sony Action Cam (HDR-AS10) is compatible with Ustream? I'm not seeing it on the list of recommended cameras but am using it connected with the Black Magic Intensity Extreme.

Thanks,
Standrewlive
standrewslive

Sponsored Links

Postby Sponsored Links » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:01 am

Sponsored Links
VP of Marketing

Re: Sony Action Cam (HDR-AS10) Ustream compatibility

Postby usrbingeek » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:10 am

If it can connect to the BlackMagic Intensity it should work. You'll just need to ensure the resolution and FPS is the same in the camera, BlackMagic's settings and in Producer.

Please see this video for more information: http://www.ustream.tv/embed/recorded/26 ... ode=direct
All my best,
Steve / usrbingeek
Admin

Follow me on twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

Opinions expressed are my own.

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board in place of a PM.
usrbingeek
Admin
Admin

Postby standrewslive » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:24 pm

Thanks for the response.

I've watched that video before and followed the different step (so set the BlackMagic, computer and the action cam settings, regarding the resolution, to be the same.

The issue I am having is that I cannot specifically set the Action Cam to HDMI - clearly that is the cord that is being attached but in the video link it specifically says to make sure the camera being used it set to HDMI.

There certainly might be something I'm doing wrong in the process but even with making sure the resolution is the same the "add a shot" is still a blank black square in Producer.

Is there something else I might be able to do?

Thanks again for your help.
standrewslive

Postby usrbingeek » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:14 am

With most cameras its not necessary to actually enable the HDMI port. The camera only needs to be in camera mode and on. You'll likely need to plug it in to power in order for it to stay on or hit record.

Lets confirm that the camera is actually sending video out using the HDMI. Do you have an HDTV to connect the camera to?

Often a camera's marketing materials says it's 1080p but it's HDMI out resolution is different and can be as low as 720 something.

Once confirmed that it is sending video out using the HDMI, hook it back up to the BlackMagic and just try all the resolution/fps settings in BlackMagic and Producer. But, make sure the same exact setting is chosen in each.
All my best,
Steve / usrbingeek
Admin

Follow me on twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board in place of a PM.
usrbingeek
Admin
Admin

Postby standrewslive » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:05 pm

I did confirm that the camera works by hooking it up to an HDTV. But when I went back to the BlackMagic / Producer set-up and tried each of the settings it wouldn't pop up.

It would only show up on the TV screen when the camera itself was set to "Video" - which I tried with the Computer set-up as well, but that didn't work.

While it may be a dumb question, the HDMI cable is supposed to be plugged into the "HDMI In" slot on the BlackMagic correct? I'm trying to think of other aspects of the setup that I might be somehow missing or messing up to make it so that the image won't appear through the Producer program.

The camera will connect via the USB cable to the computer, but that won't allow for Live Streaming.

Would appreciate any other ideas you might have whenever you get a chance.

Thanks
standrewslive

Postby usrbingeek » Sun May 04, 2014 11:58 am

Yes, you would use the HDMI in slot for that :)

I've been asking around and no one had any other ideas so I would suggest contacting BlackMagic's support as they'll likely know what setting is missing for that camera.
All my best,
Steve / usrbingeek
Admin

Follow me on twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

usrbingeek
Admin
Admin

Postby standrewslive » Tue May 06, 2014 5:26 pm

Thanks! Really appreciate your help. Cheers!
standrewslive

Return to Ask A Question