Get Help

Multiple Wi-Fi cams?

Have a question about Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com? Unsure how to do something? Need instructions or support? Other community members and official helpers are ready to help!
Forum rules
Have a question about Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com? Unsure how to do something? Need instructions or support? Other community members and official helpers are ready to help!

In order to provide faster response, please give us as much detailed information about your issue, your operating system and version, Flash Player version, etc. Please include your Ustream username and a link to your broadcast. Please explain the problem in detail and the steps it takes to reproduce, and any other information that could help us resolve your issue.

Multiple Wi-Fi cams?

Postby LarsLB » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:13 am

I have just purchased a second Logitech Broadcaster just to see that only one of them will work w/ ustream producer unless I switch in the actual broadcaster software.

So, I was wondering can I run multiple wi-fi cams through the producer as long as they have separate drivers / software? I have been running iWebcam with my iPhone successfully as a second wireless cam so I am assuming that I can run multiple wi-fi cams.

I am going to return the second Logitech Broadcaster and was thinking to get one of the new Panasonic camcorders maybe just the HC-V250 to keep it close in the pricerange. Do these work with Ustream Producer or just direct? And would they work in addition to a Logitech Broadcaster?

thank you in advance,
Lars
LarsLB

Sponsored Links

Postby Sponsored Links » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:01 am

Sponsored Links
VP of Marketing

Re: Multiple Wi-Fi cams?

Postby usrbingeek » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:54 am

The only way to use two wifi broadcasters at the same time is with two computers. One will have to be connected to the other computer and its video would have to be imported into Producer using Remote Desktop Presenter.

The Panasonic cameras are only capable of wireless broadcasting to Ustream directly (without Producer). To use them with Producer, you'll need to use the HDMI out to one of the Blackmagic Intensity series bridge devices which connects to the computer using either USB 3.0 (for a PC), Thunderbolt (for Mac), or an open PCIe slot on a desktop computer.

For Mobile use:
Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 (PC --not recommended for Mac) (B&H Photo)

Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle for Thunderbolt (Mac) (B&H Photo)

For Mac studio use:
Blackmagic Design Intensity Extreme for Thunderbolt (Mac) (B&H Photo)

For PCs or Mac Pro Desktops with (with an available PCIe slot):
Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro PCIe Card (B&H Photo)

This video shows you how to connect and configure a Blackmagic Intensity series box or card with Ustream Producer:
https://ustream.zendesk.com/entries/223 ... m-Producer
All my best,
Steve / usrbingeek
Admin

Follow me on twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

Opinions expressed are my own.

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board in place of a PM.
usrbingeek
Admin
Admin

Postby LarsLB » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:56 am

thanks for the quick response. .
I don't have any Thunderbolt Macs running just yet so that solution will have to wait..

Do you know any other wi-fi cams that work with Ustream Producer?
LarsLB

Postby usrbingeek » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Wifi/Network cams that are compatible are listed at: http://ustream-helpers.com/gear/ustream ... ip-cameras
All my best,
Steve / usrbingeek
Admin

Follow me on twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

Opinions expressed are my own.

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board in place of a PM.
usrbingeek
Admin
Admin

Return to Ask A Question