Get Help

USTREAM Login and WEB CAM Usage

Have a question about Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com? Unsure how to do something? Need instructions or support? Other community members and official helpers are ready to help!
Forum rules
Have a question about Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com? Unsure how to do something? Need instructions or support? Other community members and official helpers are ready to help!

In order to provide faster response, please give us as much detailed information about your issue, your operating system and version, Flash Player version, etc. Please include your Ustream username and a link to your broadcast. Please explain the problem in detail and the steps it takes to reproduce, and any other information that could help us resolve your issue.

USTREAM Login and WEB CAM Usage

Postby rklass » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:22 am

Dear Ustream Team,
I am new in this forum and we are using USTREAM today to stream the service of our church in a small village of the blackforest in Germany to some older people.
We have today a Basic Account and use the Ustream web client with a WebCam (Logitech C920). I have several questions and would be happy to get some answers or recommendations.

1.) We tried USTREAM Producer, but unfortunately we have to login every time again and are not able to store UID/ PW on the PC. Is there a chance to change it ? Is it better if be get a license Producer Studio ?

2.) We tried several Web Cams but none of it has an optical zoom. Has anybody experiences or knows a webcam with optical zoom ?

3.) We are not happy with the video quality today (Audio is excellent). The web Client allows us only mid Quality. What kind of improvement can we see, if we go to a pro account and can use high quality in the web broadcasting application ?

I would be happy :) to get some answers and recommendations by the team.

Many greetings and Christmas greetings from Germany

Reinhold

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kirche-gechingen
rklass

Sponsored Links

Postby Sponsored Links » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:01 am

Sponsored Links
VP of Marketing

Re: USTREAM Login and WEB CAM Usage

Postby nhsjpeterson » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:55 am

We have the Pro version and we ARE able to save the log-in information. We have several Logitech models (including 920). Try going to Sources | Source Settings, select your camera, then click Configure. That should give you the option to change the zoom. We are able to stream at 720p with Pro and the $100/month broadcast plan. We get VERY good quality, although the camcorders are definitely better than our webcams--but I think that is because the webcams have a hard time focusing on distance shots in our gym.
nhsjpeterson

Return to Ask A Question