Get Help

sonicwall reports gateway antivirus flash issues with embedd

Have a question about Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com? Unsure how to do something? Need instructions or support? Other community members and official helpers are ready to help!
Forum rules
Have a question about Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com? Unsure how to do something? Need instructions or support? Other community members and official helpers are ready to help!

In order to provide faster response, please give us as much detailed information about your issue, your operating system and version, Flash Player version, etc. Please include your Ustream username and a link to your broadcast. Please explain the problem in detail and the steps it takes to reproduce, and any other information that could help us resolve your issue.

sonicwall reports gateway antivirus flash issues with embedd

Postby ncestreaming » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Hello,

I am a technology coordinator for a small school district that uses ustream for broadcasting our kids sports. About 2 years ago we added an embed of the ustream site to our main web page for the school district without any problems.

About 3 days ago, we started getting the following in our firewall errors:

03/25/2015 15:19:31.016 - Alert - Security Services - Gateway Anti-Virus Alert: Exploit_SWF (Exploit) blocked - xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, 49979, X0, pc.nt-domain.local - 107.14.32.35, 80, X1 -

(the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is a placeholder for our internal address)
Any time the webpage is open, we get hundreds of these warnings.

When I removed the embed code, the warning stopped.
This happens on 100% of systems that visit our website from inside our network.

Has something changed that would cause a firewall to false positive this warning? They come in approx 6 per minute per system visiting the page with the embed on it.
ncestreaming

Sponsored Links

Postby Sponsored Links » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:01 am

Sponsored Links
VP of Marketing

Re: sonicwall reports gateway antivirus flash issues with em

Postby usrbingeek » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:34 pm

The alert is a false positive introduced within a recent virus definitions update. Although it has already been reported, it might help if you also reported this problem to Sonicwall, as a Sonicwall customer.
All my best,
Steve / usrbingeek
Admin

Follow me on twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

Opinions expressed are my own.

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board in place of a PM.
usrbingeek
Admin
Admin

Return to Ask A Question