Get Help

How to use a WVC80N or any IP camera with USTREAM?

Have a question about Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com? Unsure how to do something? Need instructions or support? Other community members and official helpers are ready to help!
Forum rules
Have a question about Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com? Unsure how to do something? Need instructions or support? Other community members and official helpers are ready to help!

In order to provide faster response, please give us as much detailed information about your issue, your operating system and version, Flash Player version, etc. Please include your Ustream username and a link to your broadcast. Please explain the problem in detail and the steps it takes to reproduce, and any other information that could help us resolve your issue.

How to use a WVC80N or any IP camera with USTREAM?

Postby Steve » Sat May 22, 2010 8:39 pm

So I think a lot of people ask this question and i found a really good answer on www.ustream-helpers.com. However the page is under construction. So in the meantime: What is the best way to get a Cisco WVC80N to work with you stream. I have it running through Webcamxp.....

In regard to this camera and/or an Ip cam. How do i broad cast on Ustream with this type of camera!? The answer will be life changing.

Thank you

Steve
Steve

Sponsored Links

Postby Sponsored Links » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:01 am

Sponsored Links
VP of Marketing

Re: How to use a WVC80N or any IP camera with USTREAM?

Postby SnowPhoenix9999 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:28 pm

Hi Steve,

The main page is indeed under construction, but to my knowledge all the workshops/tutorials that were previously on there have been posted in the Workshops section of the forums.

Here's the one for using IP cameras:
http://ustream-helpers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=20

Hopefully that'll help you out. If not, feel free to reply to this topic with further questions. :)
SnowPhoenix9999
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby steve » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Great Ill check out the link and Ill report back how useful it was and if i was successful, thank you for the reply! :geek:
steve

Postby Steve » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:29 am

Ok so i check the WorkShop Link.....here is what i found

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
[How To] IP Cameras
Configure your IP Camera to work with Ustream:

First thing you want to do is download the following 2 software's at the links provided:

** http://www.webcamxp.com/download.aspx Download webcam 7 / IP Camera [RTSP] DirectShow Filter 0.9.9.8 Beta ( make sure you download the 2nd one on this page)

** http://manycam.en.softonic.com

Restart your PC. Things most likely won't work if you skip this step.

Open ManyCam

**Go to source settings , Click on IP Camera
**Then go to Properties under that It'll ask you to select the camera model.Input your information and enter the IP address, once you do that press save.

**If it worked/set up correctly it'll show up in the preview window of ManyCam, Then press okay.

**Open the broadcast console ( Hit Broadcast now button )

**Select ManyCam as your audio source on your Audio Source settings via the broadcasting console.

**Click "start broadcasting". If you wish for your Stream to be recorded then you will also need to click on "Start recording"
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

This is great on first read, I downloaded the software but this WorkShop Post Doesnt tell you what to do with WEBCAM 7 ???
It tells you how to use manycam to broadcast audio....but nothing on how to webcam 7??

What do i do with the webcam 7?
Steve

Postby marcel01 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:43 am

Hello Steve, you're right, there seems to be a mistake in the workshop. I think the part...

"**Go to source settings , Click on IP Camera
**Then go to Properties under that It'll ask you to select the camera model.Input your information and enter the IP address, once you do that press save. "

...belongs to webcam 7 :)
marcel01

Postby stjohnrussell » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:31 am

marcel01 wrote:Hello Steve, you're right, there seems to be a mistake in the workshop. I think the part...

"**Go to source settings , Click on IP Camera
**Then go to Properties under that It'll ask you to select the camera model.Input your information and enter the IP address, once you do that press save. "

...belongs to webcam 7 :)

Just wanted to point out real quick that this is NOT the case.
The Webcam 7 installs a virtual device on your computer, for making programs that use webcams use an RTSP feed instead. You do not need to run the application for this purpose, only tell ManyCam to use that virtual device. Webcam 7 has controls for that virtual device, and some recording/broadcasting utilities. However, you can change the settings for the virtual device from inside ManyCam. ManyCam actually has a similar function to Webcam 7, making your computer "think" that a bevy of sources are actually a webcam. Therefore, you can tell UStream producer to use either what Webcam 7 or ManyCam provide...

Thus, you COULD skip using ManyCam altogether, but it allows more control over the IP camera than Webcam 7, does not have to have a product logo overlaying the video, and allows you to switch sources on the fly for free.
stjohnrussell

Return to Ask A Question