Get Help

I keep getting kicked off because of low bandwidth...

Have a question about Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com? Unsure how to do something? Need instructions or support? Other community members and official helpers are ready to help!
Forum rules
Have a question about Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com? Unsure how to do something? Need instructions or support? Other community members and official helpers are ready to help!

In order to provide faster response, please give us as much detailed information about your issue, your operating system and version, Flash Player version, etc. Please include your Ustream username and a link to your broadcast. Please explain the problem in detail and the steps it takes to reproduce, and any other information that could help us resolve your issue.

I keep getting kicked off because of low bandwidth...

Postby toykick2 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:13 pm

I am in a serious jam. I need urgent help!

I am trying to stream on location today and I keep getting disconnected from Ustream because of low bandwidth - I guess the internet connection here is not as good as my connection at home - where I tested this identical setup and it worked flawlessly. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Can I stream in lower quality? If so, how? I can't seem to figure it out, what do people do in these situations?
toykick2

Sponsored Links

Postby Sponsored Links » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:01 am

Sponsored Links
VP of Marketing

Re: I keep getting kicked off because of low bandwidth...

Postby usrbingeek » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Yes, with Ustream Producer, you can change the video/audio settings and stream in lower quality when using a less than ideal network connection. Click on the Output Settings under the Output menu. However, you must temporarily stop broadcasting to make these adjustments

Sorry for the late reply.
All my best,
Steve / usrbingeek
Admin

Follow me on twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

Opinions expressed are my own.

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board in place of a PM.
usrbingeek
Admin
Admin

Postby raysings66 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:46 am

Question on Bandwidth and getting disconnected from Ustream. I have Producer Pro (new version). Operating system: Apple Maverick; Program: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-performing-songwriter

I just reduced quality from High Bandwidth to 480P and still having the same problem. We switched internet providers from Comcast to RCN. The internet connected and upload/download speed is now twice as good as Comcast. (Upload speed is 10mbps) I did another show for 3 years and only had this problem maybe twice. I hard wire the computer to the internet. I have no other programs running. All USB devices (external hard drives, etc) are disconnected. My hardwire goes from the computer to my Apple Modem, and the Apple Modem is connected to my provider modem. I'm going to try to connect directly to the internet modem to see if that helps.

The only other thing I can think of is that the program is pre-recorded and I upload the video. This increases the CPU use to about 40% on average. I had cut the video down to 3 parts with the same issues. I'm going to try to slice it into more shots to see if it helps. The previous program I did was live, with only short videos.

Any Suggestions.

Ray
raysings66

Postby raysings66 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:28 am

A follow-up. I unplugged my hardwire cable from the Apple Modem, and plugged it directly into my Internet Service Provider's Modem. That did the trick. The broadband indicator in Producer Pro did not even go down a tick the whole 50 minutes of the program. Yea!
raysings66

Return to Ask A Question