Get Help

Chat won't load

Please report any bugs you encounter on Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com.
Forum rules
In order to provide faster response, please give us as much detailed information about your issue, your operating system and version, Flash Player version, etc. Please include your Ustream username and a link to your broadcast. Please explain the problem in detail and the steps it takes to reproduce, and any other information that could help us resolve your issue.

Chat won't load

Postby shamesmerizer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:53 pm

I am having problems loading the chatroom on every UStream channel. It will load for a while and then tell me there's an error connecting to the server.

I have Windows 7, running on Firefox (I tried it on Chrome, too).

The help section of UStream suggested that I check that my ports are open and/or create a rule - I have done that. I have also updated Flash.

If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it.
shamesmerizer

Sponsored Links

Postby Sponsored Links » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:01 am

Sponsored Links
VP of Marketing

Re: Chat won't load

Postby usrbingeek » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi,

Does this happen in only one Ustream Chat or multiple Ustream Chats? Please go to http://www.ustream.tv/help and see if you can participate in the chat there.

If you're able to access other Ustream Chats (such as Help's) and are only unable to access a specific one, then you might have been banned from that broadcast by the Broadcaster or one of their assigned moderators.

Broadcasters may ban anyone from their broadcast's chat for any reason and you'll need to contact them to have the banned removed.

If this error is occurring for all Ustream Chats please email with the following information so we can look further into this further:
Code: Select all
1) Please provide the URL of the Broadcast this started in and all others you tried:
2) If you used any other usernames or chat nicknames leading up to this problem please let us know what they were:
3) Please go to: http://ipchicken.com/ and copy/paste the following information:
  Current IP Address:
  Name Address:
4) Please go to http://bit.ly/UstreamChatDiagnostics and copy/paste ALL the output in the browser window (not the address bar) here:

Please note: We're unable to proceed without ALL four of above. If you're unable to copy/paste the Diagnostics in step four please take a screen shot and attach it to your reply. However, copy/paste is preferred as reviewing a screen shot will slow our processing of this information.

Please email the information above. Don't reply to it here as it'll be a public post and it's not a good idea to share this information publicly.

Thank you, and keep Ustreaming!
All my best,
Steve / usrbingeek
Admin

Follow me on twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

Opinions expressed are my own.

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board in place of a PM.
usrbingeek
Admin
Admin

Return to Report a problem