Get Help

Can't Broadcast Using Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder

Please report any bugs you encounter on Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com.
Forum rules
In order to provide faster response, please give us as much detailed information about your issue, your operating system and version, Flash Player version, etc. Please include your Ustream username and a link to your broadcast. Please explain the problem in detail and the steps it takes to reproduce, and any other information that could help us resolve your issue.

Can't Broadcast Using Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder

Postby jaimin » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:43 am

When trying to connect via Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder 3.2, I get the following error message:

The configuration (RTMP URL, Stream Key, etc.) is perfect. I even tried by loading my channel's Flash Media Encoder XML file.

This issue isn't related to any port being blocked, nor other firewall activity as I can successfully broadcast to other similar live streaming services without any hitches.

Even when trying to broadcast using the UStream Producer for Windows, I get the following error message:

Please help me get this fixed as soon as possible. Just in case you might want to know, my ISP uses dynamic IP addressing; my current session's IP address is: 122.163.38.134

Thanks.
jaimin

Sponsored Links

Postby Sponsored Links » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:01 am

Sponsored Links
VP of Marketing

Re: Can't Broadcast Using Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder

Postby usrbingeek » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:44 pm

Not all streaming services use the same ports so even though you're able to stream with another service, it doesn't mean the required ports for Ustream are open. :)

Please see: Opening Firewall Ports for Ustream Broadcasting and Viewing.

If you have other security software (such as a software firewall) please also check it to ensure that it will also allow the connection though those ports to Ustream's IPs/servers listed in the article I linked to above.
All my best,
Steve / usrbingeek
Admin

Follow me on twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

Opinions expressed are my own.

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board in place of a PM.
usrbingeek
Admin
Admin

Re: Can't Broadcast Using Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder

Postby jaimin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:53 am

Thanks @usrbingeek!

Unblocking port 1935 solved it.
jaimin

Return to Report a problem