Get Help

Online stream recording served from Adobe's FMLE source

Please report any bugs you encounter on Ustream or Ustream-Helpers.com.
Forum rules
In order to provide faster response, please give us as much detailed information about your issue, your operating system and version, Flash Player version, etc. Please include your Ustream username and a link to your broadcast. Please explain the problem in detail and the steps it takes to reproduce, and any other information that could help us resolve your issue.

Online stream recording served from Adobe's FMLE source

Postby AzMandius » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:39 am

For about 2 weeks things don't seem to work as before.

I start the broadcasting via FMLE (latest version) from a fresh imported XML file, stream starts OK, no issues, people can see the live broadcast.

Then i go to ustream website, click "go live" in order to start recording the stream (as i used to do for years), but now, as soon as the go live window opens, the adobe flash player tries to directly connect to my camera via the typical small flash dialogue window, which means the recording is going to happen not from FMLE served stream, but directly from camera, which is not acceptable, i have several settings possible only in FMLE.

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thank you.
AzMandius

Sponsored Links

Postby Sponsored Links » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:01 am

Sponsored Links
VP of Marketing

Re: Online stream recording served from Adobe's FMLE source

Postby usrbingeek » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi AzMandius,

The Live Remote Console has been moved to the Dashboard's Remote page and is no longer found in the Go Live broadcaster.

1. Visit the "Dashboard" page on Ustream. (You can reach this page by clicking on your name at the top of any page once you have logged into Ustream.) If you have not yet set up a broadcast, do so now using the "Create a Show" link on the right side of the Dashboard.
  2. From your Dashboard, click the "Channel" link in the left menu.
  3. If you have multiple shows, select the one you wish to use, and click on the "Remote" link, again on the menu on the left side of the page.
  4. From the Dashboard's Remote page, click the button that says, "Launch Remote Console".
  5. In the remote console use the button to start and stop recordings on your channel.
  6. Use the chat tab to moderate your social stream and chat and update your status above the social stream.
All my best,
Steve / usrbingeek
Admin

Follow me on twitter
My Amazon.com Wishlist

Opinions expressed are my own.

Since your questions may also be of benefit to others please post them to the board in place of a PM.
usrbingeek
Admin
Admin

Re: Online stream recording served from Adobe's FMLE source

Postby AzMandius » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Big thank you for this important clarification!

Never really understood why in most cases all these "improvements" usually bring more confusion than benefits, due to essential concepts being replaced without any notifications.

This is why i actually hate any updates and never get involved into them. And i am OK so far.
AzMandius

Return to Report a problem