Get Help

Stream Computer Audio

View step by step tutorials and workshops so you can learn how to use every feature on Ustream or make the most of your Ustreaming experience!

Stream Computer Audio

Postby Teressa » Fri May 14, 2010 7:21 pm

If you want to stream audio from your Windows computer, you first need to enable Stereo Mix. After its enabled you just choose Stereo Mix as the Audio Source in the Broadcast panel and start the audio file.

Enabling Stereo Mix in Windows XP:
Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Volume Control > Options > Properties > Recording > Check Stereo Mix > Click OK

Enabling Stereo Mix in Windows Vista:
Click START > Control Panel > Sound > Recording > Right click on the empty white space > Enable "Show Disabled Devices" > Right click on Stereo Mix > click Enable > Click OK

Enabling Stereo Mix in Windows 7:
Open the Control Panel from the Start Menu > Type the word "sound" (without quotes) in the search box in the upper right of the Control Panel > Select Manage Audio devices under the Sound category in the results > In the Recording tab window right click and from the menu check "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show disconnected devices" > Right click on Stereo Mix and select Enable > Click OK

If Stereo Mix does not appear in the window, after checking Show Disabled Devices, go to the website of your sound card manufacturer and update your soundcard drivers (Do not use the driver update feature that is built into Windows, because often it will not find the latest drivers)

If you are using Mac, then you need to download Soundflower. You can find it at http://code.google.com/p/soundflower/downloads/list
Teressa
Senior HelpOp
Senior HelpOp

Sponsored Links

Postby Sponsored Links » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:01 am

Sponsored Links
VP of Marketing

Re: [How To] Stream Computer Audio

Postby avgonzo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:26 pm

i'v done this at least 10 times. I get the audio option for stereo mix, but producer pro still only will recognize the audio input from the camera.

By the way, does USTREAM have any costumer service numbers. I have to make a ticket and wait a day before I hear anything from them at every problem I run into. I'm just about to say forget it and go back to the free version. With the ads, I'm not sure what I'm really gaining by using, and paying for, the pro version.
avgonzo

Return to Tutorials and Workshops