How to use and control the Ustream-Bot
The following commands are available to broadcasters and chatroom moderators at any time, even if the Ustream-Bot isn't present in your channel:
- !moderate - Require guests to be registered and logged in.
- !moderateoff - Allow unregistered guests to chat.
- !requirelogin - Restrict chat to registered and logged in users.
- !requireloginoff - Allow unregistered guests to see chat.!moderate - Require guests to be registered and logged in.
- !censor - Turn on badword censor. (Badwords are displayed as "" to other users.)
- !censoroff - Turn off badword censor.
- !pause - Pause the chat.
- !pauseoff - Resume the chat.
- !links - Allow links to be shared.
- !linksoff - Censor all links.
- !chatname - Private Messages the chat's name (for use with manual entry of IRC commands.)
The following commands are available to everyone, even if the Ustream-Bot isn't present in your channel:
- !911 - Request EMERGENCY assistance from a USTREAM Chat Admin. (ONLY use in emergencies!)
- !help - Sends you a private message with help information on moderating your chat and joins you to the Ustream #help channel.
The following commands are available broadcasters and chatroom moderators only when the Ustream-Bot is present in your channel:
- !topic - Sets the "topic" of your chat room, which shows up at the top of the chat room and is typically used to indicate what the topic of discussion is at that time. You can set this as follows: i.e. !topic Discussing the finer things in life right now.
- !ban username time - Bans a specific user for a certain amount of time. Time is set in seconds. If you don't put any number, it will ban the user for 5 minutes (300 seconds.) i.e. !ban Jack23415
- !op username - Gives moderator status to the specified user.
- !unop username - Removes moderator status from the specified user.
- !voice username - Promotes the specified user to viewer status if he/she is a guest.
- !devoice username - Demotes the specified user to guest status if he/she is a "Viewer". This will prevent the user from being able to speak in the chat room unless you have changed your chat room settings to allow guests to speak.
- !botoff - Deactivate the bot. (It won't automatically kick or ban users for language.)
- !boton - Reactivate the bot.
More Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions? We have answers!